Check Point supports SNMPv1, SNMPv2, and SNMPv3.
The SNMP Best Practices Guide covers these topics:
- Recommendations about how to implement SNMP for Check Point Security Gateways and Security Management Servers
- Procedures that explain how to configure SNMP counters and traps for Check Point operating systems
- An example list of commonly used OIDs from the Check Point MIB. These are some of the categories for the OIDs:
- System - CPU, memory, hard disk
- Appliance hardware monitoring
- Network activity
- Check Point Software Blades
Starting from R80.40
- SNMP was upgraded from version 126.96.36.199 to version 5.8.
- Changed authentication protocols group to be SHA1, SHA256, SHA512 (instead of MD5).
- Added a privacy protocol AES256.
- “Installing the snmpmonitor Daemon” part is deprecated.