Identity Agent feature allows avoiding the need to re-enter credentials to gain access to the network when the session expires.
Centrally Managed 1100 / 1200R / 1400 appliances support Identity Agent since R77.20.31.
- To avoid the need to re-enter credentials to gain access to the network when the session expires, download and install the Identity Agent for Windows OS.
- Identity Agent package for MAC OS X can be downloaded from sk63920.
For more information, refer to sk111656
Locally Managed 600 / 700 / 1100 / 1400 / 1200R appliances,
Support for the Identity Awareness Agent has not been integrated into Gaia Embedded OS for 600 / 700 /1100 / 1200R / 1400 Appliance.
R80.10 Security Management Server
The Configuration of Identity Agent feature is available in SmartConsole R80.10 build 42 and higher (see sk119612 for the package download)
R77.30 Security Management Server
The Configuration of Identity Agent feature is available in SmartDashboard HotFix R77.30 (see sk111292 for the HotFix Installation instructions). Same instructions apply for 1100, 1200R and 1400 appliances.
For instructions on how to configure the Identity Agent on SmartDashboard after its installation, refer to Identity Awareness R77 Administration Guide.
- On the SMB appliances, the Identity Agent file cannot be downloaded from the Security Gateway, thus after completing the configuration in SmartDashboard, users cannot be required to install the Identity Agent file on their computers, but it is possible to configure the portal to suggest this download to them.
To suggest to users to download the Endpoint Identity Agent from the Captive Portal, select the Require users to download option from Identity Agent Deployment from the Portal section of the portal settings.
For SMB appliances this will not force the users to download the agent, but it will offer the option to be redirected to the relevant download page in Support Center.
- There are a few settings that do not apply to the SMB appliances:
- Agent Upgrades
- Configuring Identity Agent type - the agent type is determined by the user during installation
- The option to defer agent installation
- The Identity Agent is not supported on LSM Gateway.
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.
- This sk is merged with sk111312 and sk111647