In order to improve customer experience, R77.10, R77.20 and R77.30 Security Gateways can be managed by R76 Security Management / Multi-Domain Management Server.
To allow this:
- Install the below HotFix (according to your Platform) on the Security Management / Multi-Domain Management Server.
- Install the below new SmartConsole package.
- If you choose to not upgrade the Security Management server, some Resolved Issues on the server will not be applied to the new R77.10 / R77.20 / R77.30 Security Gateways. To enable these features, you must upgrade the Security Management server to R77.10 / R77.20 / R77.30.
- Some R77 Software Blades and features (such as Threat Emulation) are not available.
- After applying the hotfix, R77.10, R77.20 and R77.30 VSX objects should be managed only with the below SmartConsole package.
Security Management / Multi-Domain Management Server HotFix
HotFix Installation Instructions
- Hotfix has to be installed on Security Management / Multi-Domain Management Server
Note: In Management HA environment, this procedure must be performed on both Management Servers.
- Transfer the hotfix package to the machine (into some directory, e.g.,
- Unpack the hotfix package (for Gaia/SecurePlatform/Linux/IPSO):
[Expert@HostName]# cd /some_path_to_fix/
[Expert@HostName]# tar -zxvf HOTFIX_NAME.tgz
- Install the hotfix:
On Windows: right-click on
- click on Run as administrator
Note: The script will stop all the Check Point services (
cpstop) - read the output on the screen.
- Reboot the machine.
Important: Installation of the new SmartConsole and SmartDomain Manager package is mandatory in order to manage the R77.10 / R77.20 / R77.30 Gateway.
GUI Installation Instructions:
- Download the updated SmartConsole and SmartDomain Manager build from the table above.
- Run the SmartConsole executable.
- Continue with the instructions on the screen.
This solution is about products that are no longer supported and it will not be updated