Supported methods to burn an encrypted CD\DVD:
1. Client UI *
2. Windows Native Burner **
3. Nero Burning ROM (from version 9)
Supported methods to burn an unencrypted CD\DVD:
1. If the write access policy is Allow All, user should be able to burn with any software.
2. If the write access policy is Encrypt Business or Encrypt All the CD/DVD is defined as read only and burning will fail.
3. If the write access policy is Block All the CD/DVD is inaccessible.
* - On Win XP, in order to burn a DVD using Client UI, you need to install KB932716.
** - On Win XP, burning a DVD using Windows Native Burner is not supported.
Important: Ths SecureKnowledge article talks about how Check Point Media Encryption works with Windows. It doesn't matter which Windows version it is. Our Media Encryption works essentially the same way for all Windows versions.
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.