Management Server database migration from R71.50 to R75.47
In order to export Management Server database from R71.50 and then import it to R75.47, a number of special steps must be performed - both during export and during import. Those steps are described below.
Instructions for export:
Instructions for import:
- Copy archive with the exported database to R75.47 machine.
- Download and copy the Management Server migration tools - plugin_upgrade.conf_for_mgmtrfes_r75.47.sh and plugin_upgrade.conf_for_sfw_r75.47.sh to some temporary directory on R75.47 machine.
- Back up the following files:
On Windows OS those files are located in:
- Copy files from Step 2 as follows (assuming that files are located in the current directory):
cp plugin_upgrade.conf_for_mgmtrfes_r75.47.sh /opt/CPPICPmgmtrfes-R75.40/conf/plugin_upgrade.conf
cp plugin_upgrade.conf_for_sfw_r75.47.sh /opt/CPPIsfwR75-R75.40/conf/plugin_upgrade.conf
On Windows OS:
copy /Y plugin_upgrade.conf_for_mgmtrfes_r75.47.sh %CPDIR%\..\..\CPMgmtrfes\conf\plugin_upgrade.conf
copy /Y plugin_upgrade.conf_for_sfw_r75.47.sh %CPDIR%\..\..\PIsfwr75\R75.40\conf\plugin_upgrade.conf
- Perform import as usual. Do not start services after import is complete.
- Remove the $FWDIR/conf/db_last_update_times.C file.
On Windows OS: %FWDIR%\conf\db_last_update_times.C.
Note: In case of Multi-Domain Server import, remove the file from each Domain and from Global Database.
- Start services (run cpstart / mdsstart).
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.