How to create "Allow and Forward" rule on Locally Managed SMB appliance
To permit and direct incoming traffic from the Internet to a specific computer and/or servers inside your internal network with a specific service, you have to define an object that will represent the Server.
- Log into the appliance Web interface (GUI).
- Go to 'Access Policy' - 'Servers'.
- Click 'New'. The wizard window should appear.
- Select the server type that you want to define. There are 5 common built-in server types: Mail, DNS, Web Server, FTP, and Citrix Server.
- If you want to create a custom server, you should choose the "Other server" option.
- Select the Protocol; enter name, ports and the required IP address.
- Once you complete the wizard, the server object is added to the servers list and access rules are automatically added to the Firewall Rule Base ('Access Policy' - 'Firewall Policy Rule Base')
For any additional information, refer to "Defining Server Objects" Check Point 600 Appliance Administration Guide (page 59).