Anti-Virus / Anti-Bot / Application Control / URL Filtering update might fail on R75.40 / R75.40VS / R75.45 / R75.46 / E80.41
||Anti-Virus, Anti-Bot, Quantum Security Gateways, Quantum Security Management, Endpoint Security Server, Application Control
||R75.40 (EOL), R75.40VS (EOL), R75.45 (EOL), R75.46 (EOL), E80.41 (EOL)
||Gaia, SecurePlatform 2.6
|Platform / Model
Anti-Virus / Anti-Bot / Application Control / URL Filtering update might fail on R75.40/R75.40VS/R75.45 in the following scenarios:
- Scenario 1: Any machine with SecurePlatform/Gaia OS, which has been upgraded to R75.45.
- Scenario 2: Any Security Gateway R75.40/R75.40VS/R75.45 (clean install) with SecurePlatform/Gaia OS, on which the DLP Software Blade has been enabled and then disabled.
$FWDIR/log/fwd.elg shows these errors for failed Anti-Virus update:
ciu_srv_untar_file: [ERROR]: Failed to execute gtar -C /opt/CPsuite-R75.40/fw1/amw_kss/update/N -xf /opt/CPsuite-R75.40/fw1/amw_kss/update/N/amw_kss_pkg.tar
ciu_cmd_kss_commit_do: [ERROR]: ciu_srv_untar_file failed
$FWDIR/log/fwd.elg shows these errors for failed Anti-Bot update:
ciu_srv_untar_file: [ERROR]: Failed to execute gtar -C /opt/CPsuite-R75.40/fw1/amw/update/N -xf /opt/CPsuite-R75.40/fw1/amw/update/N/amw_db_pkg.tar
ciu_cmd_amw_commit_do: [ERROR]: ciu_srv_untar_file failed
Endpoint Security Server E80.41 (sk92101) is affected If $PATH environment variable is longer than 2048 characters.
Synchronization of MGMT-HA fails with '
Policy installation fails with the following error:
DLP: Failed loading data types
Installation failed: Reason: Load on Module failed - failed to load Security policy.
During each '
cpstop;cpstart' (including reboot), the '$
PATH' environment variable and the '$
LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable each grow by 39 bytes (because of multiple entries of
/opt/CPsuite-RXX/fw1/oracle_oi/sdk inside the
This problem was fixed. The fix is included in:
- Installing R76 from scratch (clean install), or upgrading to R76, will solve the problem entirely.
- Installing R75.46 from scratch (clean install) will solve the problem entirely.
- Upgrading to R75.46 will solve the problem only partially - after upgrading to R75.46, the length of the '
$PATH' environment variable and of the '
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable will stop growing during '
cpstop;cpstart', however the length of these environment variables is not cleaned and is not shortened. Meaning, if these environment variables were already too long before the upgrade, the upgrade will not solve the issue. For complete permanent solution, install the hotfix package for R75.46.
Check Point recommends to always upgrade to the most recent version.
Check Point offers the following solution for R75.40 / R75.40VS / R75.45 / R75.46 / E80.41 versions:
Important Note: This hotfix must be installed only on top of the exact specified version (regardless, if it is a cleanly installed version, or an upgraded version).
- Download the hotfix package onto the machine:
Note: For Gaia OS CPUSE Offline installation (for instructions, refer to sk92449):
- Unpack the hotfix package:
[Expert@HostName]# tar xvfz fw1_wrapper_HOTFIX_NAME.tgz
- Install the hotfix:
- If the hotfix was installed on top of E80.41 Endpoint Security Server, then run the following commands:
[Expert@HostName]# chmod o+x /opt/CPsuite-R75.40
[Expert@HostName]# chmod o+x /opt/CPsuite-R75.40/fw1
- Reboot the machine:
This solution is about products that are no longer supported and it will not be updated
- 01083002 , 01083028, 01115169, 01083039 , 01115233