Cannot see any CPUSE packages in Gaia Portal - "Status and Actions" table
||R75.40, R75.40VS, R75.45, R75.46, R75.47, R76, R77, R77.10, R77.20, R77.30, R80, R80.10, R80.20
|Platform / Model
Cannot see any CPUSE packages in Gaia Portal - go to "Upgrades (CPUSE)" pane (in Gaia R77.20 and above) / to "Software Updates" pane (in Gaia R77.10 and lower) - click on "Status and Actions" table.
Output of Clish command "show installer packages available-for-download" (in old builds, it was "show installer available_packages") does not show any CPUSE packages.
/opt/CPInstLog/DeploymentAgent.log file contains:
Error: Could not get data from server - Connect failed (Error 8)
Update the CPUSE Deployment Agent to the latest version - either from Gaia Portal, or manually.
Important Note: Check that you have a valid License and Contracts File on the machine.
Show the Entire Article
Show / Hide instructions for machines that are connected to the Internet directly
- Follow the instructions in sk92449: CPUSE - Gaia Software Updates (including Gaia Software Updates Agent) - section "(3) Latest build of CPUSE and What's New".
Make sure that the value of global parameter allow_download_content is set to true:
Explanation: Value of this parameter will be set to "false" if during the First Time Configuration Wizard, the box "
Automatically download Blade Contracts and other important data (highly recommended)" was not checked.
- Close all SmartConsole windows (SmartDashboard, SmartView Tracker, SmartView Monitor, etc.).
- Connect with GuiDBedit Tool to Security Management Server / Multi-Domain Security Management Server.
- In the upper left pane, go to Table - Global Properties - properties.
- In the upper right pane, select the firewall_properties.
- Press CTRL+F (or go to Search menu - Find) - paste allow_download_content - click on Find Next.
In the lower pane, right-click on the allow_download_content - select Edit... - select "true" - click on OK:
- Save the changes: go to File menu - click on Save All.
- Close the GuiDBedit Tool.
- Connect to command line on Security Management Server / Multi-Domain Security Management Server.
- Log in to Expert mode.
Restart Check Point services:
Restart CPUSE service:
[Expert@HostName:0]# clish -c "installer agent stop"
[Expert@HostName:0]# clish -c "installer agent start"
Show / Hide instructions for machines that are connected to the Internet via a Proxy
Download and install the latest Gaia Software Updates Agent package (either in Gaia Portal, or manually):
Configure the Proxy server on Gaia OS (either in Gaia Portal, or in Gaia Clish):
Either in Gaia Portal:
- Go to "System Management" pane - click on "Proxy" page.
- Check the box "Use a Proxy server".
- Enter the IP address and the port.
- Click on "Apply" button.
Or in Gaia Clish:
Configure proxy server:
HostName> set proxy address <IP_ADDRESS> port <PORT>
Save the changes:
HostName> save config