What is a Service Blade?
A Service Blade is a Software Blade that requires a contract to activate a specific set of features. These blades include:
- Anti-Bot (CPSB-ABOT)
- Anti-Spam and E-mail Security (CPSB-ASPM)
- Anti-Virus (CPSB-AV)
- Application Control (CPSB-APCL)
- Data Loss Prevention (CPSB-DLP)
- IPS (CPSB-IPS)
- URL Filtering (CPSB-URLF)
When a Service Blade is purchased à la carte, that is to say a Service Blade purchased outside of a gateway bundle package or support renewal, it must be manually attached to the Security Gateway. These blades are located in the User Center - "My Products" page - "Support & Services" section.
Note: If the Service Blade contains "-HA" in the product name, it can only be attached to a gateway container with "-HA" in its product name. Additionally, a gateway with "-HA" in the product name can only receive a Service Blade with "-HA" in the product name.
To attach a Software Blade:
1. Log into the User Center at https://usercenter.checkpoint.com/usercenter/index.jsp
2. Click "Assets/Info".
3. Click "Product Center" under "Accounts & Products" option.
4. Select your account(s) from the "Selected Accounts" menu and click Done.
5. Check on the "Blades" tab and click on the hyperlink for the Total for total number of blades.
6. Click on the "Attach to Container" hyperlink to the right of the blade you need to attach to the container.
7. Choose the container you wish to attach the blade to.
8. Click the "Attach to Container" button.
9. You must re-license your product to get the features of any newly attached blade(s).
For further assistance, contact Check Point Account Services:
- by using Live Chat
- by completing an Online Form
- by phone: Americas: +1-972-444-6600 option 5, or International: +972-3-611-5100 option 5
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.