The following procedure must be followed in order to upgrade from SecurePlatform R70.50 to Gaia or SecurePlatform R75.40.
- Download patch r70_50_upgrade_prep.sh (MD5 fa935f38b163245b4b0523c0a703eb9f)
- Put the file under /home/admin on the R70.50 machine.
- Login as admin.
- Switch to Expert mode.
- chmod +x r70_50_upgrade_prep.sh
- Start the actual upgrade procedure:
- For open servers: run patch add cd from the SecurePlatform CLI.
- For Check Point appliances: run an upgrade from the SecurePlatform Web UI.
- Continue with the standard upgrade procedure, as detailed in the Check Point R75.40 Installation and Upgrade Guide.
- Once upgrade is done, delete the file: r70_50_upgrade_prep.sh
Note: Please do not stop after running the upgrade script. All steps need to be completed at the same time.
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.
This solution is about products that are no longer supported and it will not be updated