Which appliances support High Connection Capacity (64-bit) on Gaia?
The following appliance models support Gaia OS with 64-bit kernel:
- Check Point 64000
- Check Point 61000 NG
- Check Point 61000
- Check Point 44000
- Check Point 41000
- Check Point 23900
- Check Point 23800
- Check Point 23500
- Check Point 21800
- Check Point 21700
- Check Point 21600
- Check Point 21400
- Check Point 15600
- Check Point 15400
- Check Point 13800
- Check Point 13500
- Check Point 12600
- Check Point 12400
- Check Point 12200
- Check Point 6500/6800
- Check Point 5900
- Check Point 5800
- Check Point 5600
- Check Point 5400
- Check Point 5200
- Check Point 5100
- Check Point 4800
- Check Point 4600
- Check Point 4400
- Check Point 4200
- Check Point 3200
- Check Point 3100
- Check Point 2200
- Check Point TE2000X
- Check Point TE1000X
- Check Point TE250X
- Check Point TE100X
- IP Series 2450 (not supported in R80.x)
- IP Series 1280 (not supported in R80.x)
- Power-1 11000 (not supported in R80.x)
- Power-1 9070 (not supported in R80.x)
- Power-1 5070 (not supported in R80.x)
- 64-bit kernel support is available only when the appliance has more than 4 GB of memory.
- Starting from R80.20, all appliances are 64-bit by default.
- Scalable Platforms Appliances run 64-bit kernel only.
Which Open Servers support 64-bit on Gaia?
All Open Servers support Gaia OS with 64-bit kernel, as long as:
- For R80.10, they have 4 GB of RAM or more installed.
- Until R77.30, they have 8 GB of RAM or more installed.
- They were certified by Check Point, and appear on the Hardware Compatibility List.
Note: as long as the Gaia OS limitations are met, the amount of RAM of the supported HCL Open servers can be increased.
What is the maximum memory that can be used on Security Managment with Gaia OS 64-bit kernel?
- For R80.10 the maximum memory is 512 GB
- Until R77.30 the maximum memory allowed is 128 GB
What is the maximum memory that can be used on Security Gateway with Gaia OS 64-bit kernel?
Is 64-bit supported by Security Management?
- R80.10 Security Management Server processes run in 64-bit when the OS is configured in this way.
- Endpoint Security Management Server E80.40 and up can run natively as 64-bit process, providing high capacity. See sk82621.
- Multi-Domain Management Server running on a 64-bit system will benefit from the additional memory as long as the number of Domains is large enough.
Note: maximum physical memory supported for Open Servers running Multi-Domain Management Server is 128 GB for versions R80 and below, and 512 GB for versions R80.10 and above.
If the machine was installed with less than 192G and the other RAM was added later, rebooting the system run the script: /bin/memory_post_upgrade.sh
This script will update the grub.conf file with the correct boot command to load with the additional memory.
My appliance is loading into 64-bit mode by default. Can I move to 32-bit mode?
Yes, use the Clish command '
set edition 32-bit' to change your edition.
I upgraded my appliance to Gaia OS, but it is still running 32-bit. What am I doing wrong?
The default edition after an upgrade is 32-bit. You can change the edition using the Clish command '
What is the default Gaia OS kernel configuration for R80.10?
- Security Gateway 2016 series:
- Clean install- 64bit
- Upgrade- previous setting is preserved