For more information on R71.50, see the R71.50 Release Notes, R71.50 Known Limitations and R71.50 Resolved Issues.
Table of Contents
What's New in R71.50
Upgrade from R71.xx
New install for appliances
New install for Open Servers
New install for Windows 2008 R2
Management Server migration tools
What's New in R71.50
Check Point GO
Check Point Abra is renamed to Check Point GO.
- Improved performance of Multi Domain / Security Management High Availability.
- Idle workstation lock for PCI compliance.
- Multi-Domain old version removal tool.
Mobile Access Blade:
- Added support for Check Point Mobile for Android.
- SecureWorkspace support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.
- 2000 Appliances: 2200
- 4000 Appliances: 4200, 4600, 4800
- 12000 Appliances: 12200, 12400, 12600
- 21000 Appliances: 21400
- NEC Univerge UnifiedWall
Security Gateway 80
These features are new for Security Gateway 80 R71.45:
- CLI support to configure the appliance.
- SmartProvisioning support, large scale management of appliances.
- USB quick deployment.
- LDAP, RADIUS and SecurID authentication for Remote Access users.
- VPN link selection, permanent tunnels and tunnel monitoring.
- SNMP support (v2/v3).
- Supports Security Gateway 80 appliances.
- Supports new Security Gateway 80 licenses using SmartUpdate and SmartProvisioning.
- Filter columns in the Devices and Devices Configuration displays according to the content of that column.
- Improved critical performance issues, for example big contracts files and high number of events.
- Improved fwm CPU usage and I/O consumption.
- Fixed internal memory leaks.
- Show script results directly from SmartProvisioning.
Mobile Access Features
Note - The Software Blade known as SSL VPN, is renamed to Mobile Access.
These features are new for Mobile Access R71.50:
- Remote Access with Encrypted SSL VPN technology.
- Check Point Mobile Client for smartphones using the Android operating system.
- Two-factor, client certificate and credential authentication.
For more information about Mobile Access, see the R71.30 Mobile Access Software Blade for Handhelds Administration Guide (Note that all documentation from R71.30 is still valid for R71.50).
Note: In order to download some of the packages you will need to have a Software Subscription or Active Support plan.
Upgrade from R71.xx:
New install for appliances:
New install for Open Servers:
New install for Windows 2008 R2:
Management Server migration tools:
This solution is about products that are no longer supported and it will not be updated