Table of Contents
SSL Network Extender is a secure connectivity framework for remote access to a corporate network. SSL Network Extender uses a thin VPN client installed on the user's remote computer that connects to an SSL-enabled web server. The web server and the client are in the same VPN.
Note: SSL Network Extender requires that Java is installed on the endpoint computer. Java is not installed on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). For more information see sk65144 (SSL Network Extender - Java Availablity).
Supported Security Gateways
This hotfix can be installed on top of these Security Gateways:
SSL Network Extender is supported on these Operating Systems.
- XP Home and Professional (SP2, SP3) (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (including SP1) Ultimate, Enterprise, Professional, and Home (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 update 1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Note: SSL Network Extender is not supported on 64-bit browsers in Windows.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.7, 10.7.1, 10.7.2, 10.7.3, 10.7.4, 10.7.5 (Lion) (32-bit and 64-bit)
- OS X 10.8, 10.8.1, 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion) (64-bit)
- OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks)
- OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and above
- Ubuntu 11.10 and above (32-bit and 64-bit)
- openSUSE 11.4 and above (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Fedora 15 and above (32-bit and 64-bit) (Requires xterm (standard terminal emulator) for deployment)
- RHEL 5.7 and 6.1 and above (32-bit and 64-bit)
Note: All Linux OSs require Oracle JRE to install.
Use the snx -h command to make sure that the SSL Network Extender client is installed correctly.
Linux Supported Platforms
Click here to see the details of Linux Supported Platforms
- This solution sk65210 replaces sk41569, sk32162.