Table of Contents
SSL Network Extender is a secure connectivity framework for remote access to a corporate network. SSL Network Extender uses a thin VPN client installed on the user's remote computer that connects to an SSL-enabled web server. The web server and the client are in the same VPN. SSL Network Extender is downloaded automatically from the Mobile Access portal to the endpoint machines, so that client software does not have to be pre-installed and configured on users' PCs and laptops.
Note: SSL Network Extender requires that Java is installed on the endpoint computer. Java is not installed on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). For more information see sk65144 (SSL Network Extender - Java Availablity).
Supported Security Gateways
This hotfix can be installed on top of these Security Gateways:
SSL Network Extender is supported on these Operating Systems.
- XP Home and Professional (SP2, SP3) (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (including SP1) Ultimate, Enterprise, Professional, and Home (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 update 1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Note: SSL Network Extender is not supported on 64-bit browsers in Windows.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.7, 10.7.1, 10.7.2, 10.7.3, 10.7.4, 10.7.5 (Lion) (32-bit and 64-bit)
- OS X 10.8, 10.8.1, 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion) (64-bit)
- OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks)
- OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
- macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
- macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- Ubuntu 11.10 and higher (32-bit and 64-bit)
- openSUSE 11.4 and higher (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Fedora 15 and higher (32-bit and 64-bit) (Requires xterm (standard terminal emulator) for deployment)
- RHEL 5.7 and 6.1 and higher (32-bit and 64-bit)
Note: All Linux OSs require Oracle JRE to install.
Use the snx -h command to make sure that the SSL Network Extender client is installed correctly.
Linux Supported Platforms
Click here to see the details of Linux Supported Platforms
For Mobile Access Portal Agent prerequisites on Linux, refer to sk119772.
- This solution sk65210 replaces sk41569, sk32162.