Table of Contents
SSL Network Extender is a secure connectivity framework for remote access to a corporate network. SSL Network Extender uses a thin VPN client installed on the user's remote computer that connects to an SSL-enabled web server. The web server and the client are in the same VPN.
Note: SSL Network Extender requires that Java is installed on the endpoint computer. Java is not installed on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). For more information see sk65144 (SSL Network Extender - Java Availablity).
These features are new for SSL Network Extender E75:
- Support for Mac OS X 64-bit.
- Support for new Linux platforms 32 and 64-bit.
- Proxy server auto-detection is now supported for browsers that run Java or ActiveX.
- Improved user experience that explains how to install Java when necessary.
Supported Security Gateways
This hotfix can be installed on top of these Security Gateways (refer to "E75 Downloads" section below):
- VSX NGX R67.10
Note: Any Security Gateway version higher than those listed above, includes SSL Network Extender based on E75 version. It is relevant for R76 and higher, as well.
Important: R70.40 Security Gateways must have the security hotfix installed as described in sk62410. Failure to do so can make the Security Gateway susceptible to attacks.
SSL Network Extender is supported on these Operating Systems.
- XP Home and Professional (SP2, SP3) (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Vista (SP1) (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (including SP1) Ultimate, Enterprise, Professional, and Home (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (all versions and editions, not including Windows RT)
Note: SSL Network Extender is not supported on 64-bit browsers in Windows.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.7, 10.7.1, 10.7.2, 10.7.3, 10.7.4, 10.7.5 (Lion) (32-bit and 64-bit)
- OS X 10.8, 10.8.1, 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion) (64-bit)
- OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks)
- OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Ubuntu 11.10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- openSUSE 11.4 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Fedora 15 and 16 (32-bit and 64-bit) (Requires xterm (standard terminal emulator) for deployment)
- RHEL 5.7 and 6.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Note: All Linux OSs require Oracle JRE to install.
Use the snx -h command to make sure that the SSL Network Extender client is installed correctly.
Linux Supported Platforms
Click here to see the details of Linux Supported Platforms
Important: You must read the instructions in the Release Notes before installing the relevant download.
Important: Installing SSL Network Extender consists of two parts:
- Upgrading SSL Network Extender on Security Gateways
- Deploying the clients from the Security Gateways to endpoint devices
Upgrading SSL Network Extender on Security Gateways depends on your Security Gateway. Select the hotfix link that is relevant for your Security Gateway version and OS. Then you can continue deploying the clients from the Security Gateways to endpoint devices, as per the instructions provided in the SSL Network Extender E75 Release Notes.
Note: In order to download some of the packages you will need to have a Software Subscription or Active Support plan.
SSL Network Extender E75 for Security Gateway R70.40
SSL Network Extender E75 for Security Gateway R71.40
SSL Network Extender E75 for Security Gateway R75.10
SSL Network Extender E75 for Security Gateway R75.20
Security Gateway VSX R67.10 Hotfix for SSL Network Extender E75
This solution is about products that are no longer supported and it will not be updated
- This solution sk65210 replaces sk41569, sk32162.