SmartDashboard opened in Read/Write mode, locks the Security Management server database
||Security Management, SmartConsole / SmartDashboard
||R75, R76, R77, R77.10, R77.20, R77.30
||Linux, SecurePlatform 2.6, IPSO 6.2, Windows, Gaia, Solaris
|Platform / Model
- SmartDashboard opened in Read/Write mode, locks the Security Management server database, preventing the execution of the following actions:
- connection of other SmartDashboard clients in Read/Write mode to the same Management server
- backup process of Security Management server database
- installation of Security Policy
This problem was fixed. The fix is included in:
In R7x versions, use a special command-line utility to disconnect a SmartDashboard:
- Download the disconnect_client utility to the $FWDIR/bin directory on the Security Management server:
- Uncompress the utility.
- Run disconnect_client utility without any parameters.
- This utility will not affect any other SmartConsole clients, except a SmartDashboard client open in Read/Write mode.
- When the command succeeds, it prints the "Disconnect locking client command has been sent successfully" message, whether or not a SmartDashboard client was connected in Read/Write mode.
- This command-line utility does not disconnect Global SmartDashboard (starting from R76 there is a send_command tool that can be used to disconnect it by using the kill_clients option).
Check Point recommends to always upgrade to the most recent version (upgrade Security Gateway / upgrade Cluster / upgrade Security Management Server / upgrade Multi-Domain Security Management Server).
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.