Edge device cannot connect to Service Center after upgrading the Security Management server to R75 via SecurePlatform WebUI
||Security Management, Edge
||SecurePlatform, SecurePlatform 2.6
|Platform / Model
- Edge device cannot connect to Service Center after upgrading the Security Management server to R75 via SecurePlatform WebUI.
- When the Edge tries to connect to the Service Center manually, the attempt times out with the message: 'Service Center did not respond'
- SMS process is not running on the Security Management server at all and cannot be started.
This can be verified by running the commands:
ps aux | grep sms
netstat -anp | grep sms
- SmartView Monitor shows Edge devices as 'Disconnected'.
- Debug of SMS daemon per sk60780 shows:
Info-65002: Management server demo1 version 126.96.36.199 is going up
Error-65000: Error: unknown host name demo.sofaware.com
During the upgrade via SecurePlatform WebUI, the 'Edge Compatibility' Directory was not upgraded to R75 version.
Note: To view this solution you need to