For more information on R71.40, see the R71.40 Release Notes, R71.40 Known Limitations and R71.40 Resolved Issues.
Note: A valid support account is needed in order to access these solutions.
Table of Contents
What's New in R71.40
Upgrade from R70.40 directly to R71.40
- IPS improvements
- SmartEvent enhancements.
- Increase pattern granularity - Header rejection, HTTP worm catcher and Cifs worm catcher patterns were converted into separate protections, giving more granularity in their settings. This feature is installed during the first IPS update process (online update, offline update or scheduled update).
- Implied exceptions - Built-in exceptions to allow Check Point products trusted traffic.
- Support for UTM-1 Edge 8.2 gateways.
- IPS Geo database - The Geo country-ranges database accuracy has been significantly improved.
Security Gateway 80
- Support for VPN Link Selection.
- Support for local masters file.
- Improved communication when Security Management server is behind NAT.
- Support for IGMP Proxy.
Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit Support
- Secure Workspace supports Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Mobile Access clients with Windows 7 64-bit can connect to Connectra and SSL VPN gateways.
- Support for SSL Network Extender Application mode and Network mode for Windows 7 32-bit and 64- bit.
Enhanced Secure Workspace
- Faster and better performance.
- Enhanced allowed application configuration by software vendor. You can easily allow all applications from a specific vendor.
This version includes a deployment package of Endpoint Security VPN R75, which replaces SecureClient and Endpoint Connect. For automatic deployment of the new VPN client, select a client upgrade mode in Global Properties > Remote Access > Endpoint Connect.
Note: In order to download some of the packages you will need to have a Software Subscription or Active Support plan.
Important Note: After clean install of/upgrade to R71.40, users of SmartEvent should apply the hotfix described in sk68820.
Upgrade from R70.40 and new install:
Upgrade from R71.xx:
New install for appliances:
Security Gateway 80:
Management Server migration tools:
sk68820 - Some time after R71.40 installation, you may be unable to login to SmartEvent or SmartEvent server is disconnected
This solution is about products that are no longer supported and it will not be updated