Hard reset to factory default can be required for the troubleshooting purposes. It may also be requested before an RMA will be approved.
Hard Reset on VPN-1 Edge X/W/ADSL device
- Make sure the power supply is disconnected.
- Press the Reset button, simultaneously connect the power supply and keep the Reset button pressed for 10 seconds. The "pwr/sec" LED should light up and remain constantly red.
- Release the Reset button for 3 seconds.
- Press the Reset button again for 10 seconds, and then release it. The "pwr/sec" LED should start flashing.
- Wait for the appliance to finish resetting. The "pwr/sec" led is flashing green slowly. It may take a few minutes.
- Hold down the Reset button on the back of the box for 10 seconds with power plugged in.
- Release the Reset button and unplug the power cable.
- Hold down the Reset button again for another 10 seconds.
- Plug the power back in, wait for boot to complete and the Edge should be set back to factory default firmware and settings.
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.
This solution is about products that are no longer supported and it will not be updated