R75: Mobile Access Blade support for iPhone and Application Control Blade support for Skype
Table of Contents
What's New in R75 Support for iPhone and Skype
This supplement provides support for:
- Check Point Mobile for iPhone and iPad
- Access to Web applications
- Access to email, calendar, and contacts
- Two-factor authentication with client certificate and username/password
- Detection of Skype traffic in the Application Control Software Blade. (Skype is a peer-to-peer Internet telephony application that has powerful chatting, VoIP, and video capabilities. It uses multiple evasive mechanisms in order to avoid detection. Skype has the following characteristics: Support video/webcam, VoIP, Supports File Transfer, Tunnels, Supports IM, High Bandwidth, Supports Streaming, UDP Protocol, Encrypts Communications, Video Conferencing, Port Agility. Check Point Application Control Software Blade supports Skype versions 5.0 and below. Skype is also supported in Check Point IPS Blade. If you use both blades, we recommend controlling Skype using the Application Control policy.)
- Customized client certificate authentication
Note: This supplement can only be applied to R75 and must be installed on the Security Management and the Security Gateway
For more information on R75 Support for iPhone and Skype see the R75 Support for iPhone and Skype Release Notes.
R75 Support for iPhone and Skype Downloads
Note: In order to download some of the packages you will need to have a Software Subscription or Active Support plan.
R75 Support for iPhone and Skype Documentation
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.
This solution is about products that are no longer supported and it will not be updated