For more information on R71, see the R71 Release Notes and R71 Known Limitations.
Note: a valid support account is needed in order to access this solution.
Table of Contents
What's New in R71
Check Point R71 is based on the Software Blades Architecture.
Data Loss Prevention Software Blade
- Check Point Revolutionizes the DLP Market by moving from Detection to Prevention of Data Loss Incidents
- Prevents data loss of critical business information
- Combines technology and processes to make DLP work
- Easy deployment for immediate data loss prevention
SSL VPN Software Blade
- New integrated SSL VPN Software Blade secures remote workers anywhere, while delivering flexible, easy-to-use and layered protection
- Lower the cost and complexity of managing remote access by simply adding the SSL VPN blade to your existing Check Point gateway
- Increase productivity with easy Web-based remote access
- Raise network and remote endpoint security levels with multi-layered protection, allowing services such as IPS and Anti-Virus for remote access connections
Raising the bar on UTM-1 Appliances and UTM Features Performance
- UTM-1 appliances provide enhanced Firewall and IPS performance featuring patented SecureXL Technology available at no extra cost:
- Up to 4 times Firewall throughput improvement
- Up to 3 times IPS throughput improvement
- Up to 4 times connection/sec rate improvement
- New Streaming architecture available with Anti-Virus and URL Filtering Software Blades provides performance boost for UTM features:
- Up to 15 times Anti-Virus throughput improvement
- Up to 80 times Anti-Virus and URL Filtering connection capacity improvement
- IPS-1 Sensors can now be managed from SmartCenter / Provider-1
- Update IPS Protections automatically according to a pre-defined schedule
- Various improvements in the Management Blades deployment (e.g. ability to install Management Server on Windows with DHCP), usability enhancements, and new features (such as Firewall Rule Expiration)
IPSec VPN Enhancements
- Continuing Check Point's leadership in Enterprise class VPN solutions, this release includes multiple enhancements important for large network configurations and for customers interested in new VPN standards (such as IKEv2).
Note: In order to download some of the packages you will need to have a Software Subscription or Active Support plan.
This solution is about products that are no longer supported and it will not be updated