The information you are about to copy is INTERNAL!
DO NOT share it with anyone outside Check Point.
VPN tunnel between Security Gateways fails for no apparent reason, and kernel debug shows '...dropped by vpn_encrypt_chain Reason: no reason'
||IPSec VPN, ClusterXL, Cluster - 3rd-party, Quantum Security Gateways
||R77.20 (EOL), R77.30 (EOL)
|Platform / Model
- VPN tunnel between Security Gateways fails for no apparent reason.
- IKE debug (per sk180488) shows a failure on Phase 1 (Main Mode) - Packet 1 is sent to the VPN peer, and VPN peer sends a reply packet. IKE negotiation does not proceed.
- Kernel debug ('
fw ctl debug -m fw + drop') shows that the reply packet from VPN peer is '
...dropped by vpn_encrypt_chain Reason: no reason'.
- Configuration in SmartDashboard has been verified for IKE Phase 1 and IKE Phase 2.
- Either Traditional VPN, or Simplified VPN mode is used.
- Issue occurs in cluster environment.
The VPND daemon fails to pass the packet to ClusterXL layer.
Note: To view this solution you need to