Follow the below suggested solutions when having problems with downloading files from the Check Point Support Center.
Note: In order to download some of the files (usually software downloads) you will need to have a Software Subscription or Active Support plan. Documents are usually available to everyone.
- Download does not start after clicking the download link and I am asked to sign in; I am transferred to a page where there is no 'Download' button; I get an error message: "You are not entitled to download this file", "Insufficient Privileges for this File".
To ensure that you are able to download, verify the following:
- You must be signed in to the Check Point User Center. If you are not yet registered, click here to sign up.
- Some downloads are available to everyone, however most require that you have a Software Subscription or a valid Support contract.
- To learn more about the available Support options: Support Programs and Plans.
- If you wish to download an evaluation copy of Check Point Software products, please click here.
- If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact Customer Account Services. Be sure to include your user name and the software you are attempting to download.
- An error is displayed when I try to open a .tgz files I have downloaded from the Check Point Support Center.
This problem is caused by an issue with Microsoft Internet Explorer and WinZip. Check Point recommends using the 'Save Target As' option when downloading a file via Internet Explorer, and then opening the file from the local disk.
- The downloaded file size does not match the file size that is listed in the download page.
This problem is probably caused by a local network problem. The download might be interrupted by local firewall/anti-virus software, proxy server, connection issues with your ISP, etc.
If you encounter this problem, try to download the file from another network. To make sure you have the complete file, you can compare the file size and MD5 values to the information listed on the download page.
- Google Chrome changes *.tgz file extensions to *.gz.
For further assistance, contact Check Point Account Services
- by using Live Chat
- by completing an Online Form
- by phone: Americas: +1-972-444-6600 option 5, or International: +972-3-611-5100 option 5
Try our products! You can evaluate Check Point products free for 30 days. For more information click here.