For more information on R70.1 and SmartWorkflow see the R70.1 Release Notes, R70.1 Known Limitations, R70.1 SmartWorkflow Blade Known Limitations and R70.1 Resolved Issues.
Note: a valid support account is needed in order to access theses solutions.
Table of Contents
What's New in R70.1
SmartWorkflow is a full-featured security policy change management solution incorporated into the Security Management Server and Provider-1 Environments.
- SmartWorkflow Sessions allow administrators to work with discrete sets of proposed changes to the network security configuration.
- Comprehensive audit features allow administrators to track, control, and analyze changes to the network security configuration as follows:
- New or modified elements are highlighted in the SmartDashboard object tree and Rule Base.
- Session Information window documents specific changes and provides justification for these actions.
- Audit logs provide detailed information regarding all changes and can be viewed using SmartView Tracker.
- The Change Summary Report provides details of changes.
- The Compare Policies feature provides a comparison between the installed policy and the currently defined policy or between selected policy versions.
- Segregation of roles, with separate permissions, ensures that proposed changes are approved by authorized managers prior to implementation and that only authorized managers can configure SmartWorkflow properties.
- SmartWorkflow is easy to learn and use, and contains a user-friendly toolbar, menu, and other convenient UI elements. This feature is optional.
R70.1 contains the following additional features:
- Hardware Health Monitoring Capabilities for Check Point appliances
- Remote Deployment Tool
- Enhanced LCD Panel Menus on Check Point appliances
- Link Aggregation is Now Available on SecurePlatform
- Security Management Enhancements
- URL Filtering Enhancements
- Eventia on VMware ESX Server
Note: In order to download some of the packages you will need to have a Software Subscription or Active Support plan.
Important: R70.1 packages (not the appliance images) must be installed on top of an R70 Security Management server, Provider-1 MDS, or Security Gateway. If you do not already have R70 installed, see the R70 Installation and Upgrade Guide.
The following R70 Administration Guides are relevant to R70.1 deployments:
This solution is about products that are no longer supported and it will not be updated