For more information on R70, see the R70 Release Notes and R70 Known Limitations.
Note: a valid support account is needed in order to access this solution.
Table of Contents
What's New in R70
Check Point R70 introduces the revolutionary Software Blades architecture. The Software Blades architecture provides a complete selection of Software Blades, each delivering a modular security gateway or security management function. Software Blades enable users to efficiently and quickly tailor Security Gateway and Management functionality to specific and changing needs. When running on multi-core platforms and appliances, Check Point CoreXL technology delivers near linear performance scalability for many of the Software Blades.
The release has several highlights:
- New IPS blade which delivers superb IPS capabilities integrated into the Security Gateway:
- Integrated IPS Engine delivering over 2000 Pre-emptive/Behavioral-based Protections, Signature-based Protections, Client and Server Protections and Application Controls.
- Admin workflow and tools that allow simple management and deployment of IPS capabilities.
- Support for Prevent or Detect Mode per Profile and per Protection.
- Breakthrough performance of up to 10Gbps.
- Ability to limit system resources (CPU and memory) dedicated to IPS.
- Granular Exceptions.
- Easy IPS Protection updates including full coverage for Microsoft Patch Tuesday updates and many others.
- Enhanced log information (including packet capture) and new troubleshooting capabilities.
- New Provisioning blade provides centralized administration and provisioning of Check Point security devices through a single management console. The blade provides an intuitive and easy interface to centrally manage both security and device configurations, such as operating system and network settings. Management can be done either device-by-device or using profiles which enable an administrator to manage large scale deployments that benefit from common security policies and device settings.
- CoreXL for multi-core support and other performance enhancements.
- Enhanced SecurePlatform operating system, supporting new hardware platforms and providing better performance.
- Provider-1 Enhancements: New Migration Tool, New High Availability Capabilities, Cross-CMA Search, New IPS Global Policy capabilities and more.
Note: In order to download some of the packages you will need to have a Software Subscription or Active Support plan.
This solution is about products that are no longer supported and it will not be updated