How to change the IP Address of a Security Management
Note: Before changing the IP Address of the Security Management, see sk103356.
The following steps should be followed when changing the IP Address of the Security Management:
- Access UserCenter and update the licenses for the new IP Address of the Security Management.
- Download these licenses.
- Perform a complete backup of the system.
- As a secondary backup use the migrate_export utility to perform an export of the Security Management. This utility is located in the
$FWDIR/bin/upgrade_tools/ directory on the Security Management. To run this utility, run the following command:
$FWDIR/bin/upgrade_tools/migrate export [filename]
NOTE: For R80.10, it is highly recommended to perform a regular backup instead of using the migration tools.
- Ensure that the system backup, as well as the exported configurations, are moved to a secure location and MD5 values are verified.
- Login to the Security Management with SmartDashboard (with SmartConsole in R80.x).
- Edit the Security Management object and change the current IP Address to the new IP Address.
Note: Also, access the Topology tab of the object and change the IP Address on the interface to match. Otherwise, there will be a conflict.
- Save the policy and close SmartDashboard. (Publish and close SmartConsole in R80.x)
- Stop the Check Point services by running
Change the IP Address in the OS (in Gaia, use Gaia Clish or Gaia Portal).
Note: If Security Management has only one interface, then your connection to Security Management will be interrupted when you change the IP address. You will need to reconnect.
- Install a license with the new IP Address.
- Restart the Check Point services by running
- Since the hostname (name of the Security Management) has not been changed, SIC communication should not be affected, as long as the routing is correct.
- Make sure that there is connectivity between the Security Management and the managed Security Gateway(s), and that DNS resolution is to the new IP Address.
Imported from Nokia support database