Mail alerts for Security policy installation are configured through the SmartView Monitor.
- Follow sk25941 - Configuring 'Mail Alerts' using 'internal_sendmail' command.
In SmartView Monitor:
- Go to File menu - go to New sub-menu - click on Gateways View.
- In the "Select available fields from" drop down menu, select "Firewall".
- In the "Available fields" list, click on "Security Policy" and while holding the CTRL key, click on "Security Policy Installed".
- Click on "Add" button.
- Click OK.
- New Custom view named "Untitled" appears in the left tree.
Right-click on this view - click on Rename - assign a desired name.
- Right-click on this new view - click on Run. Set a threshold: in the Custom branch of the tree view on the left hand side right-click on the new Custom setting and select Run.
- In the list of all managed machines, right-click on the relevant Security Gateway / Cluster - click on "Configure Thresholds".
- In the Threshold Settings window, either click on "Edit Global Settings..." button, or select "Custom".
- In the "Enabled" column, check the box for:
- "Firewall Policy"
- "Firewall Policy install time"
- "Firewall Policy name"
- In the "Action" column for these three thresholds, change from "alert" to "mail".
- Click on OK.
- Go to "Tools" menu - click on "Start System Alert Daemon" (if the daemon is already started, then this option will be grayed out and the "Stop" option will be available).
- Install Security Policy on the relevant Security Gateway / Cluster.
- Install Database on the Security Management Server / Log Server.
Imported from Nokia support database