Limitations for CD/DVD encryption for the Pointsec Protector 4.91 series and for R70 and R71 are described below:
Pointsec Protector 4.91 series
Pointsec Protector now supports the encryption of CD/DVDs when burnt by using built-in CD/DVD burning software on workstations, where the Pointsec Protector client and the Encryption Policy Manager are installed. The procedure is similar to that of importing data for removable media in Pointsec Protector.
Encrypting CDs and DVDs
- Pointsec Protector for Windows 2000 does not support CD/DVD burning at all.
- Pointsec Protector for Windows XP supports CD burning only.
- UDF-formatted CD-RW encryption is not supported on Windows XP.
- Pointsec Protector for Windows Vista supports both CD and DVD burning.
- Import will be accessible only for RW and blank R/RW disks.
- Nothing can be added to or removed from once burnt CD/DVD. Such CD/DVDs can be erased only.
If permitted by your policy, Media Encryption can encrypt CDs and DVDs with the following limitations:
- Encryption of CDs is supported on Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- Encryption of DVDs is supported on Windows Vista.
- Import will be accessible only for RW and blank R/RW discs.
- Nothing can be added to or removed from once burnt CD/DVDs. Such CD/DVDs can be erased only.
This solution is about products that are no longer supported and it will not be updated