Error messages "Fatal Error -1" or "Fatal Error -4" received when loading a language file
||FDE / Pointsec PC
||7.x, 6.x, 8.x
- Error messages "Fatal Error -1" or "Fatal Error -4" received when loading a language file.
These errors usually indicate that there are files and/or registry settings left from an old installation of Pointsec for PC, or that Pointsec for PC cannot access certain files.
Troubleshoot the problem as follows:
- If the error occurred only once and cannot be reproduced, it may have been a temporary issue that occurred when Pointsec for PC attempted to access certain files. Check the hard drive(s) for errors just in case.
- Ensure that the logged on user has the proper permissions to the Pointsec for PC folders (
C:\Program Files\Pointsec\Pointsec for PC) and the registry (
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Pointsec Mobile Tech).
- Ensure that old Pointsec for PC installations are completely removed before attempting to install Pointsec for PC again. This can be done with a manual uninstallation, for example.
- The language file may be corrupt or missing. If this is the case, in addition to the fatal errors, you may also notice that some options say 'missing' when you double-click on the Pointsec tray icon. To fix these problems, copy the
Plang32.lng file from another computer that has the same version of Pointsec for PC installed. The file is located in the
system32 folder and the Pointsec Installation folder.
- Should the above steps fail, run FDE CPclean for Windows, version 6.x, 7.x, 8.x.
This solution is about products that are no longer supported and it will not be updated