Endpoint Security MI Device Agent Module fails to install
||Endpoint Security MI
- Device Agent will not install, and any component extension fails.
- The following InstallShield Device Agent Module error is displayed: "Could not find framework for Endpoint Security MI Database - Device Agent Module. Check that the extension matches the framework and that the framework has been installed."
A possible cause may be that a different default port was specified during the installation of the database, for example, port 1212 was specified instead of the default port 1433. This error occurs because the SQL database cannot be located. The installer attempts to use the default port 1433 to discover the correct port dynamically.
Proceed as follows:
- From the MI SmartCenter server, setup an ODBC connection, specifying the new default port. Select 'Administration tools > Data Sources (ODBC) > System DSN > ADD > SQL Server".
- Fill in the Name, Desc, and SQL server host name.
- Select 'NEXT > Client Configuration'.
- Uncheck "Dynamically determine port" and add the correct port number. In this case 1212. Once this is done, the installation can continue without error.
This solution is about products that are no longer supported and it will not be updated