Active member does not send Sync packets to Standby member in ClusterXL High Availability mode
|Platform / Model
- The Active member does not send sync packets to the Standby member in ClusterXL HA New mode.
- Kernel debug on the Active cluster member (
fw ctl debug -m fw + sync) shows messages similar to these :
- FW-1: fwlddist_adjust_buf: record too big for sync. update fwlddist_set for table 8158 failed. fwlddist_state=1b
- FW-1: fwlddist_adjust_buf: currently full=3ffe, requesting 25 more. max=4000. request failed.
- fwlddist_set: Failed to adjust buffer with nword 37
The Delta Sync packets queue is full, or a Delta Sync update is bigger than allowed.
- In case currently full=0, there is an update is too big to sync please contact support for further assistants.
- In case currently full>0 please increase the packet queue size as described below
Note: currently full value is in the Kernel debug mentioned above.
Procedure for increasing the buffer size:
- Getting the current value:
[Expert@HostName]# fw ctl get int fwlddist_buf_size.
- The new size should be double the current size of fwlddist_buf_size.
- On all cluster members (Active and Standby) set the value of kernel parameter 'fwlddist_buf_size to new size.
It is not possible to change the value of this kernel parameter on-the-fly. Therefore, follow the instructions in sk26202 to set this value permanently.
- In order to see the current value, run this command:
[Expert@HostName]# fw ctl get int fwlddist_buf_size