SmartView Tracker does not display any logs and the "Failed to open file fw.log" error pops up
||Security Management, Multi-Domain Management, SmartView Tracker
||R75, R76, R77, R77.10, R77.20, R77.30, R80, R80.10, R80.20, R80.30, R80.40
|Platform / Model
- SmartView Tracker does not display any logs and a "
Failed to open file fw.log" error pops up.
- SmartView Tracker does not display logs correctly.
fw logswitch performed from SmartDashboard fails with a message "
Failed to obtain object of (blank)".
fw logswitch from CLI fails with "
Log switch failed" message.
There are three possible reasons for this:
- Some temporary issues with SmartView Tracker daemon (cplmd).
- Some of the log pointers are missing or corrupted.
- log directory or both CMA/CLM and Log directories in /var/log/mds_log/cma_name/log is missing
Note: To view this solution you need to