Mounting USB drive on SecurePlatform / Gaia OS
||Security Gateway, Security Management
||SecurePlatform 2.6, Gaia
- The USB drive is not being recognized by SecurePlatform / Gaia OS, which cannot mount the drive.
The USB module is not loaded by default on SecurePlatform / Gaia OS.
Mount the USB drive on SecurePlatform / Gaia OS, using the following procedure:
- Connect to the command line on the SecurePlatform / Gaia OS.
- Log in to the Expert Mode.
- Create directory '/mnt/usb':
[Expert@HostName]# mkdir /mnt/usb
- Load the USB storage driver:
[Expert@HostName]# modprobe usb-storage
- Insert the USB storage device.
Note: On SecurePlatform OS, this procedure can only be done after '
sysconfig' has been run once. If '
sysconfig' was not run, or if no Check Point product was installed on this machine, the USB storage device will not mount.
- Check how the USB storage driver was loaded, and how the USB storage device was recognized:
Look for the line that starts with:
SCSI device. A typical example would be:
SCSI device sdb: ...
A few lines below that there will be another line like this with the name of the device assigned to the USB drive:
The important thing here is the '
sdb1' portion of the output of the output. Use the output of
dmesg to mount the USB drive in the next step.
- Mount the USB drive:
[Expert@HostName]# mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usb
- To unmount the USB drive later:
[Expert@HostName]# umount /mnt/usb
Note: If you are in the
/mnt/usb directory, you will not be able to unmount the device. Change your location to any other directory (e.g., run
cd ~), and then try again.