New log consolidation session fails with error "Failed to get default parameters from server/database"
||SmartReporter / Eventia Reporter
||NGX R65, R70, R71, R75, R76, R77, R77.10, R77.20, R77.30
- The status of log consolidation indicates logs are not being processed.
- Consolidation status "
Trying to reconnect" in the SmartReporter / Eventia Reporter GUI - '
Management' view - '
Consolidation' pane - '
Sessions' tab - '
Consolidation sessions' window.
- After removing the current consolidation session, attempting to create a new log consolidation session eventually fails with error:
Failed to get default parameters from server/database".
Possible causes (causes are ordered based on the difficulty of their troubleshooting):
- The "
Reporting Module" (
rt_database) table does not exist in the SmartReporter / Eventia Reporter Server database.
- SmartReporter / Eventia Reporter Server does not find the object data it needs to successfully create a consolidation session, or has problems with information compiled by the database-installation process
- Communication issues between the SmartReporter / Eventia Reporter Server and Log Server due to a FireWall in the middle.
- One of consolidation configuration files on SmartReporter / Eventia Reporter Server became corrupted.
- Communication issues between the Security Management Server and SmartReporter / Eventia Reporter Server due to '
lea_server auth_port 18184'.
- Log Consolidator fails to connect to the database backend. One reason for this is caused by the value of "
lea_is_auth_port" being set to "
false" in the following files:
- Incorrect values in the '
my.cnf' / '
my.ini' file left over from previous version after an upgrade of SmartReporter / Eventia Reporter Server.
Note: To view this solution you need to