Check Point's QoS is a policy-based QoS management solution from Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., satisfies your needs for a bandwidth management solution. QoS is a unique, software-only based application that manages traffic end-to-end across networks, by distributing enforcement throughout network hardware and software.
QoS enables you to prioritize business-critical traffic, such as ERP, database and Web services traffic, over less time-critical traffic. QoS allows you to guarantee bandwidth and control latency for streaming applications, such as Voice over IP (VoIP) and video conferencing. With highly granular controls, QoS also enables guaranteed or priority access to specific employees, even if they are remotely accessing network resources through a VPN tunnel.
QoS is deployed with the Security Gateway. These integrated solutions provide QoS for both VPN and unencrypted traffic to maximize the benefit of a secure, reliable, low-cost VPN network.
QoS leverages the industry's most advanced traffic inspection and bandwidth control technologies. Check Point patented Stateful Inspection technology captures and dynamically updates detailed state information on all network traffic. This state information is used to classify traffic by service or application. After traffic has been classified, QoS applies an innovative, hierarchical, Weighted Fair Queuing (WFQ) algorithm to accurately control bandwidth allocation.
QoS gives these features and benefits:
- Flexible QoS policies with weights, limits and guarantees: QoS enables you to develop basic policies specific to your requirements. These basic policies can be modified at any time to incorporate any of the Advanced QoS features described in this section.
- Integration with the Security Gateway: The integration of an organization's security and bandwidth management policies enables easier policy definition and system configuration. This lets you optimize network performance for VPN and unencrypted traffic.
- Performance analysis: Monitor system performance with the Logs & Monitor features in SmartConsole.
- Integrated DiffServ support: add one or more Diffserv Classes of Service to the QoS Policy Rule Base.
- Integrated DiffServ support: Add one or more Diffserv Classes of Service to the QoS Policy Rule Base.
- Integrated Low Latency Queuing: Define special classes of service for "delay sensitive" applications like voice and video to the QoS Policy Rule Base.
- No need to deploy separate VPN, Firewall and QoS devices: QoS and Firewall share a common architecture and many core technology components. User-defined network objects can be used in both solutions.
- Proactive management of network costs: QoS monitoring systems let you to be proactive in managing your network and controlling network costs..
- Support for end-to-end QoS for IP networks: QoS offers full support for end-to-end QoS for IP networks by distributing enforcement throughout network hardware and software.
- CoreXL and SecureXL support: Packet acceleration. IPv6 Support.
For additional details and resources, see: