Introduction | Key Features | Downloads | Installation Instructions | Documentation | Revision History
Visit Check Point CheckMates Community to ask questions or start a discussion and get our experts assistance.
Introduction to Check Point Quantum LightSpeed Appliances
Check Point LightSpeed Appliances provide hyper-fast network security to Data Centers and large enterprises.
These appliances enable large enterprises and Data Centers to deploy network security that performs at the speed of business to accelerate large file transfers, provide low latency for high-frequency applications, and dynamically scale as their business grows.
Check Point LightSpeed Next Generation Firewalls combine the most comprehensive protections with Data Center grade security and hardware to maximize uptime and performance for securing large enterprise and Data Center environments.
- Firewall performance at a line-rate
- Ultra-low latency
- Modular platforms supporting up to 72 virtual CPU cores
- Redundant storage devices and AC power supplies
- Wide variety of network interfaces, ranging from 1 GbE copper and fiber 1 GbE to 100 GbE interfaces
- Hyperscale-ready enabling enterprise protection with up to 1 terabit/sec of Threat Prevention Performance
To download these packages, you will need to have a Software Subscription or Active Support plan.
- LightSpeed Appliances require the R81.10 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator. For more details, see sk179432.
- It is not supported to uninstall the Jumbo Hotfix from a LightSpeed appliance and reboot. You can only install a higher Take of the Jumbo Hotfix.
To connect to the command line interface, you can use a USB Type-C console port.
To use it, download and install the QLS LightSpeed Appliances USB Type-C console driver on the console client machine (desktop/laptop).
This Check Point LightSpeed Appliance ships with the R81.10 General Availability image that does not support the NVIDIA ConnectX 100G 2-port Card.
To enable the hardware acceleration in the installed NVIDIA ConnectX 100G 2-port Cards:
Mount the appliance in the rack.
See the Check Point Appliances Rack Mounting Guide.
Run the Gaia First Time Configuration Wizard.
See the R81.10 Gaia Administration Guide.
Install the required Take of the Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator for R81.10.
See the installation instructions in Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator for R81.10.