Starting from Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator for R81 Take_34, Scalable Platforms are aligned with the following standard Security Gateway features:
- VPN Tunnel Interface (VTI)
- Route Based VPN
- Enable BGP and OSPF Dynamic Routing Protocols on VTIs
Note that due to major design changes, an upgrade from Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator for R81 (lower than Take_34) to Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator for R81 (Take_34 and higher) requires a maintenance window, because VPN traffic impact is expected.
- Tunnel Management - Permanent Tunnels
- Tunnel Testing for Permanent Tunnels
- Dead Peer Detection (DPD)
- Link Selection
- Service Based Link Selection (sk56384)
- IP Selection by Remote Peer
- High Availability
- Load Sharing
- Outgoing Route Selection
- Back-to-back tunnels (hub and spokes)
- Maestro as a Center in a Star community - Satellite peers can communicate with each other through the Center
- Client-to-Site Traffic over a Site-to-Site VPN Tunnel (Client > Maestro > Peer > resource)
- Client to Site to Client through a Maestro Gateway (Client > Maestro > Client)
- VPN local connections originated from Maestro SGMs
- Initiate a connection from an SGM if the connection's destination requires encryption
- Identity Awareness via VPN - The Identity Source (users database) can be located across a VPN tunnel (especially in the cloud).
Note that all SGMs should run on Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator for R81 Take_34 and higher (running with incompatible versions can cause VPN traffic impact).
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.