Check Point’s CloudGuard Metered License solution provides comprehensive protections for private and public clouds with multi-layered security architecture. The solution protects against even the most sophisticated attacks, to effectively prevent the lateral spread of threats within virtual environments and private cloud data centers.
The Check Point Metered License solution introduces the Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) pricing models that charges for the actual usage.
See the Metered License Admin Guide
- MMLP hotfix
For R80.20, R80.30 and R80.40, the MMLP Hotfix is necessary to use Metered License. Before you the install the Metered License, install the applicable Hotfix based on your with CPUSE:
- Log into the Gaia Web UI on your Management server.
- Select Status and Actions.
- Click Add Hotfix from Cloud and enter the applicable CPUSE Online Identifier from the table that follows.
- Import the bundle and install it.
For more information about CPUSE, see sk92449.
- Internet connectivity from the Management Server and each Security Gateway is necessary.
- TCP port 18208 must be open on the Management Server. For more information about Check Point Software dedicated ports, see sk52421.
- Minimal Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator is necessary for R80.20 and R80.30:
To install the Metered License solution, download the script
and do these steps:
- Place the script on your Management Server.
- Give the script execute permissions, run:
chmod +x cml_installation.sh
- Execute the script, and wait for it to finish installing the Metered License solution.
If prompted by the
script, install the required AutoUpdater package, based on the instructions in the AutoUpdater SK
List of Resolved issues and New features per Update