Error: "Disabling self protection Failed turning off self protection". prevents January 1st, 2021 patch from being installed
||Endpoint Security VPN, Endpoint Security Client, Harmony Endpoint
||E80.81, E80.82, E80.83, E80.84, E80.85, E80.86, E80.87, E80.88, E80.89, E80.90, E80.92, E80.94, E80.96, E80.97, E81, E81.10
Missing Root CA certificate
If you have connectivity to the Internet
Show / Hide this section
If you fail to install EPPatcher_for_users, look for the "Failed turning off self protection" error message in your logs, under “C:\Windows\Internet Logs\EP_CDTDll.log
In case the error exists:
- First, verify the certificate is not missing from the Root CA (administrative privileges are not required)
- Open CMD
- Run this command “certutil.exe -store root | findstr GlobalSign”
- Expected output (if the certificate is not missing):
If the certificate is missing, remediate by including it as a Root CA:
- Open CMD (administrative privileges are required)
- Run this command: “certutil.exe -addstore root GlobalSign.cer”
- Extract the .cer file from the EPPatcher_for_users.
Click "Copy to File" and follow the wizard to save the GlobalSign.cer file.
- If none of the above helps, contact Check Point Support.
If you do not have connectivity to the Internet
Refer to sk171254.