The Capsule VPN plugin for Windows 10 initiates a VPN connection to the corporate Security Gateway. It uses the existing Endpoint Security Client configuration.
When the client establishes the VPN connection, a patch to the Endpoint Security Client can be provided using a mass deployment tool.Note
- If you do not have a license for Capsule VPN, contact support for a temporary license.
Click Here to expand the Entire article
- Configure the Security Gateway to enable the Capsule VPN plugin for Windows.
- Prepare the EPPatch.msi file for distribution with your preferred tool (GPO, SCCM, etc.).
For more information on how to configure GPO see sk171338.
- Instruct the end-users to download the recovery tool and install it.
Configure the Security Gateway to enable capsule VPN:
- From the Gateways & Servers tab, double-click the VPN Security Gateway.
- In the VPN Clients settings, check the Mobile Devices - IOS and Android Clients checkbox
- Set the Authentication Method In the VPN Clients > Authentication > Compatibility with Older clients to: Defined on User Record (legacy):
- Note - The Username and Password or the Personal Certificate authentication methods can be set, depending on the organization's policy.
- Show / Hide Example
- Select the Office Mode tab and Click the Optional Parameters button to configure the DNS setting for the clients to allow connectivity to the domain controller:
- Open the menu from the top left corner of the SmartConsole and select Global properties.
- Expand the Remote Access tab > SSL Network Extender and change the User authentication method to Mixed:
- Install policy.
Capsule VPN plugin for Windows 10 requires Mobile Access blade license on the gateway. By default any Security Gateway includes the license which allows 5 concurrent VPN connections from Capsule VPN clients.
In case you need more concurrent connections, you may generate Mobile Access Evaluation License (sk102029) or contact Check Point Support.
Instructions for Administrators to send to end-users using certificates for authentication:
Instructions for end-users:
- Download the recovery tool.
- Run the recovery tool, double-click the downloaded file.
- This workaround applies only to Windows 10 32/64 bit machines.
- This workaround applies only for Endpoint Security VPN clients that use these authentication methods -
- One-factor authentication:
- CAPI certificate only (p.12 certificates cannot be used)
- Two-factor authentication:
- Certificate, username/password
- If other authentication methods such as SmartCards, RADIUS, etc., are in use, the workaround may not work.
- Capsule VPN plugin for Windows contains a smaller set of features than the standalone Remote Access VPN clients and Endpoint Security Clients. It may not work for some organizations due to their specific VPN configurations.
Before distributing the VPN Recovery tool in your organization, simulate the corporate computer issue by installing the VPN Recovery tool, make sure the connection establishes with your Security Gateway. In some organizations, administrators may have to adjust the VPN settings to allow the Capsule VPN plugin for Windows to connect and authenticate users.
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.