0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 is not a valid client. As a result, SmartView does not allow to open the tab and is stuck.
The "Loading SmartView..." message in SmartConsole that gets stuck may be an issue with the GUI clients.
Show / Hide the instructions to identify the root cause
- GUI client - Any Any
- Open the /usr/local/apache2/logs/error_log file and search for the line "access check of 'Any Any' to /smartview/embedded/ failed, reason: unable to get the remote host name"
- Or open the /web/conf/extra/httpd2-smartview.conf file and look at this section:
Check if this line appears "Require host Any Any"
Cause: There are two “Any” GUI clients.
Solution: Delete the duplicate “Any” GUI client
- Wrong GUI client
- Open the /usr/local/apache2/logs/error_log file and search for the line "error client denied by server configuration: proxy:http://127.0.0.1:8082/smartview/embedded/"
If this error appears, it is probably an issue with the GUI clients.
Check which are the customer's GUI clients:
- Check in /web/conf/extra/httpd2-smartview.conf and look at this section:
- if the line "Require all denied" appears, that means something is wrong with the GUI clients. Check what are the customer's GUI clients.
- if the line "Require all granted" appears, everything should work properly. Search for another issue.
- if a list of specific GUI clients appears, check that the customer logged on from an authorized client.
- Print all GUI clients: manage_clients -print
- Empty httpd2-smartview.conf file:
Check that the /web/conf/extra/httpd2-smartview.conf file is not empty.
If it is empty, replace it with the same file from the same version: get clone SmartView of the compatible version, the file will be into the conf folder.
Example for "Require all denied" line appears:
# <Location /smartview>
Require all denied
<LimitExcept HEAD POST GET>
Require all denied
# Run “api status” this gives the list of IP’s that should be configured
Accessibility: Require ip 10.0.0.0/8 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.1
# copy that over the Require all denied:
Require ip 10.0.0.0/8 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.1