Tailored Safe Extension
Please notice that Tailored Safe extension is deprecated from 1.5.21
Tailored Safe extension automates the verification and enforcement processes of Threat Prevention blades. It focuses on enabling blades, exposing attacks that have not been prevented, and recommending protections based on the assets seen.
Smart Console Extension
The extension is an interactive window that lets you make choices based on your needs. You can configure the extension and select which blades to use to study your network.
After you run the analysis, you have these choices:
- Blade Status and configuration: you are advised to enable blades.
- Protections: you receive a list of protections, and can decide which (if any) protections to change between the different modes.
- Applications Mapping: you see a list of applications that are in use in your network. You can select the applications of your choice. Based on these, all protections protecting against the chosen assets will be enforced.
A new profile is generated, and you receive a full report that shows a summary of the process.Important notes
- Management: supported beginning in R80.30
- Security Gateway: all versions are supported
- SmartView: must be enabled for the process to work
- Profile: after every run, a new profile is generated
- SmartEvent and SmartEvent Correlation Unit enabled on the Management Server
- Do I need to install anything?
The only component is the extension.
- How many times do I need to run it on my organization?
We suggest running it once a week.
- Why do I keep receiving "Approve Changes: pop-ups?
This is only a suggestion and does not make any changes. There are no consequences whatsoever for pressing "approve changes" in the pop-ups. We will remove these in the future.
- Why are protections matching chosen applications only moved to detect?
This allows the traffic relevant for these applications to be studied.
- Will my profile change to the newly created profile?
Following the new profile generation process, you will have the ability to configure it to be your profile. Note that the new profile is only a suggestion.
- What is the impact on my Security Management/Security Gateway?
The extension does not have any impact on the MGMT/Gateway other than profile creation.
- If I remove the extension, should I do publish/install policy/ install DB?
There is no need to.
- Which users can run the tool effectively?
A user with Super-User permissions