Important: The Check Point default version widely recommended for all deployments is R81 Take 392 with the latest Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator GA Take.
For more information on all Check Point releases, refer to the Release map and Release Terminology articles.
Table of Contents:
R80.30, part of the Check Point Infinity architecture, delivers the most innovative and effective security that keeps our customers protected against large scale, fifth generation cyber threats.
This release introduces R80.30 3.10 for Security Gateway and VSX, with major enhancements in firewall resiliency and Clustering mechanism.
This release is considered as a Main Train release, however it is not part of the Check Point R80.30 Release and requires a dedicated image. Note it can be managed by a Check Point R80.30 Security Management Server, which already supports the 3.10 kernel.
Starting August 2019 this release will be supported by a Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator release for both R80.30 3.10 and standard R80.30 versions.
R80.30 3.10 can be managed by the following Security Management Server releases:
Contact Check Point Support to obtain a special Hotfix for R80.10 and R80.20 based on your current Jumbo Hotfix Take.
- Improved firewall resiliency
- Support for IPv6 (resolving R80.20 3.10 limitations)
- Support for Dynamic CLI - Enhancing Gaia Clish with new Expert mode commands. See sk144112.
- Clustering and VSX capabilities:
- Unicast support for Cluster Control Protocol eliminating the need for CCP using Broadcast or Multicast modes
- MAC magic configuration is no longer needed
- CCP encryption is enables by default
- New kernel capabilities:
- Upgraded Linux kernel
- New partitioning system (gpt):
- Supports more than 2TB physical/logical drives
- Faster file system (xfs)
- Supporting larger system storage (up to 48TB tested)
- I/O related performance improvements
- Multi-Queue (see sk153373):
- Full Gaia Clish support for Multi-Queue commands
- Automatic "on by default" configuration
- SMB v2/3 mount support in Mobile Access blade
- Added NFSv4 (client) support (NFS v4.2 is the default NFS version used)
- Support of new system tools for debugging, monitoring and configuring the system:
- iotop (provides I/O runtime stats)
- lshw (provides detailed information about all HW)
- lsusb (provides information about all devices connected to USB)
- lsscsi (provides information about storage)
- ps (new version, more counters)
- psmisc (new version, more counters)
- top (new version, more counters)
- iostat (new version, more counters
- New glibc: glibc-2.17-157
- New ethtool: ethtool-4.8-7
- New Bash: bash-4.2.46-29
- lbzip2 support (free, multi-threaded compression utility)
- xz support
- rsync support
Also see sk153152 - Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator for R80.30 (R80_30_jumbo_hf)
Note: Starting from Take 50 of R80.30 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator: