Policy installation fails with "Installation failed. Reason: Policy installation failed due to an internal verification error. For more info see sk148372" error
||Multi-Domain Management, Security Management
||R80.10, R80.20, R80.30, R80.40
- During policy installation, this message appears in SmartConsole:
"Installation failed. Reason: Policy installation failed due to an internal verification error. For more info see sk148372".
A cause for this internal error is a very rare problem. Except for the policy verification error, no harm was done to the environment.
In addition, since the problem is very rare, if you try and install the policy again, the installation will almost certainly succeed without encountering this error.
No fix is required; the system is functioning as designed and the message can safely be ignored. If you still wish to investigate and find the root cause, follow these steps to collect the required debugs and send them to Check Point Support for further investigation.
- Connect to the command line on the Security Management Server (over SSH, or console).
- Log in to the Expert mode.
- On a Multi-Domain Server, go to the context of the involved Domain Management Server:
mdsenv <Name or IP Address of Domain Management Server>
- Collect the required logs (do not change anything in the syntax):
tar -czvf sk148372_logs.tgz $FWDIR/../../CPR7*CMP-R80*/state/*216dd807-7aa0-49b3-860a-3a2d9548e399* $MDS_FWDIR/log/install_policy* $MDS_FWDIR/log/cpm*
- Transfer the collected logs from the Security Management Server (make sure to use the binary mode).
- Contact Check Point Support and send them the collected logs (the sk148372_logs.tgz file) for further investigation.
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.