Endpoint Security URL Filtering does not work
||Endpoint Security Client
- URL Filtering does not work in E81.00 and above
- Endpoint Client user interface shows the URL Filtering blade as "Not Running"
- Smart Endpoint console will show "Blade not running" on the specific Endpoint client
No URLF valid license is installed or Visual Studio 2008 redistributables are not installed on the Endpoint client.
This is how the Endpoint client will show that the URL Filtering is "Not Running":
If URL Filtering does not work, please do the following:
- Make sure you have a valid URL Filtering license. The Endpoint URL Filtering SKU is: CPSB-EP-URLF-SOC-1Y
- Make sure you have Visual Studio 2008 redistributables installed. You can download them from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29 , but be aware that they are out of support on Microsoft so there are no security fixes that Microsoft are releasing for them anymore.
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.