Check Point R80.20 with Gaia 3.10 for CloudGuard and Open Server Security Gateways
Important: The Check Point default version widely recommended for all deployments is R80.30 with Gaia 3.10 Take 300 with Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator latest GA Take. For more information on all Check Point releases, refer to the Release map and Release Terminology articles.
Table of Contents:
New 3.10 Kernel Capabilities
Advanced Configuration for SMB v2/3
Frequently Asked Questions
R80.20, part of the Check Point Infinity architecture, delivers the most innovative and effective security, keeping our customers protected against large-scale, fifth-generation cyber threats. For more information about Check Point R80.20, refer to sk122585.
This release introduces the new 3.10 kernel for Security Gateways. It extends support for new platforms and offers a significant performance improvement in cloud environments.
Check Point R80.30 with Gaia 3.10 is now available. For more information, refer to sk152652.
For Security Management Server, the new 3.10 kernel is already part of Check Point Main-Train release starting from R80.20, and is supported on all Security Management platforms (see R80.20 Release Notes).
 New 3.10 Kernel Capabilities
- Upgraded Linux kernel (based on RHEL 7.x kernel 3.10)
- New partitioning system (gpt)
- Supports more than 2TB physical/logical drivers
- New, faster file system (xfs)
- Supporting larger system storage (up to 48T tested)
- I/O related performance improvements
- SMB v2/3 mount support in Mobile Access blade (see details below)
- Added NFSv4 (client) support (NFS v4.2 is the default NFS version used)
- Support of new system tools for debugging, monitoring and configuring the system:
- iotop (provides I/O runtime stats)
- lshw (provides detailed information about all HW)
- lsusb (provides information about all devices connected to USB)
- lsscsi (provides information about storage)
- ps (new version, more counters)
- psmisc (new version, more counters)
- top (new version, more counters)
- iostat (new version, more counters
- New glibc: glibc-2.17-157
- New ethtool: ethtool-4.8-7
- New Bash: bash-4.2.46-29
- lbzip2 support (free, multi-threaded compression utility)
- xz support
- rsync support
 What's New
 Supported Platforms
- This R80.20 3.10 gateway version is not part of Check Point Main Train Release R80.20 (sk122485 - Check Point R80.20), and is supported on Open Servers and Cloud-based environments. Check Point Main Train Appliances are not supported in this release.
- Each take is an accumulation of the previous Take's content.
- For more information, refer to the FAQs section below.
 Released Hotfixes
 Known Limitations
 Related Documentation
Show / Hide this section
 Advanced Configuration for SMB v2/3
Show / Hide this section
SMB v2/3 support adds two attributes in $CVPNDIR/conf/cvpnd.C file:
Configuration instructions for SMB v2/3 Mount Support for Mobile Access Blade:
- Back up the $CVPNDIR/conf/cvpnd.C file.
- To change the default SMB version, run: cvpnd_settings $CVPNDIR/conf/cvpnd.C set FileShareDefaultSmbVersion "<version>"
- To change the SMB version for a specific File Share application, run: cvpnd_settings $CVPNDIR/conf/cvpnd.C listAdd FileShareAppNameToSmbVersion "<FileShare app name> : <version>"
- For the changes to take effect, run: cvpnrestart
 Frequently Asked Questions