R80 / R80.10 Local Demo version allows to use all R80 / R80.10 Security Management features without the need to deploy a Security Management Server.
R80 / R80.10 Local Demo is locally installed solution thus, internet connectivity is not required. See the hardware requirements below.
Local Demo Technical Information
Note: In order to download this package you will need to have a Software Subscription or Active Support plan.
* Contact Check Point Support to get a Local Demo OVF for R80.20 and higher versions.
The Local Demo is a Standalone product containing both the SmartConsole GUI client and the R80 / R80.10 Security Management Server.
The Management Server is deployed as a virtual machine using Oracle VM VirtualBox.
To run: Use the shortcut in Windows Start Menu "Check Point R80 Demo" -> "SmartConsole R80 Demo".
Local Demo Hardware Requirements
- Machine memory: Minimum 4 GB, Recommended 8 GB.
- Machine free hard disk space: 12 GB.
- Oracle VM VirtualBox hardware requirements.
Local Demo Software Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 64-Bit Vista SP1 and above.
Note: Microsoft Windows 10 is not supported in this release.
- Oracle VM VirtualBox software requirements.
- Local Demo should not be installed inside another virtualization product (such as VMware Workstation/ESX).
Local Demo Limitations
R80.x Local Demo demonstrates all the R80.x features except the following:
- Install Security Policy
- Install Database
- Updates of Check Point blades and contracts
- High Availability
- Multi-Domain Management Server features
- Sync with User Center
- Gaia Portal features
- External communication from the Security Management server (such as: AD Server, LDAP Server, RADUIS Server) is not possible
- Creation of the following object types: Gateway cluster, VSX Gateway/Cluster
Limitations for R80 Local Demo installer: