Table of Contents
UDM Product Description
UDM Product Description
User and Device Management (UDM) is a web based application that manages a range of user and device related tasks in an organization. A typical user accesses organizational resources from multiple devices: computers, laptops, smartphones, and tablets.
UDM provides a unified environment for managing various user and device related tasks, such as provisioning, transparency of access via SmartLog logs, viewing user and device details, certificate management, AD user management, and FDE password recovery (for Endpoint Security clients).
With UDM, security administrators can delegate user and device management tasks to Help Desk administrators. This delegation of responsibilities lets the network security team handle security policy issues and the Help Desk team manage some user access tasks.
- Improved integration with Sandblast Mobile:
- Easier configuration with secure browsing
- Added support for Xen Mobile
- Added support for Bes App Sync
- UDM portal supporting TLS 1.2
- Fixed FDE offline devices visibility.
R77.30.01 UDM HF6 is installed on a separate machine (optionally on a VMware VM) and connects to different Security Management Servers or Multi-Domain Security Management Servers.
If the Network Security Management Server, to which the UDM Server connects is either R77.20 or R77.30, then you must install either sk101217 - R77.20 Add-On or sk105412 - R77.30 Add-On, respectively.
UDM HF6 Server doesn't require a Security Management license if connecting to different Security Management Servers or Multi-Domain Security Management Servers.
For further assistance, contact Check Point Account Services:
- by using Live Chat
- by completing an Online Form
- by phone: Americas: +1-972-444-6600 option 5, or International: +972-3-611-5100 option 5
To install UDM R77.30.01 HF6 on a Gaia Security Management Server:
- Back up your current UDM Server.
- Update to latest CPUSE deployment agent (sk92449 - Check Point Upgrade Service Engine (CPUSE) - Gaia Deployment Agent).
- Connect to your UDM server Gaia Portal.
- Stop UDM services in order to connect, run: 'udmstop' in CLI
- Navigate to Upgrades (CPUSE) pane. Click on "Status and Actions".
- On the toolbar, click on the "More" button - select "Import Package" - browse for the CPUSE Offline package (TGZ file) - click on "Upload".
- Select the hotfix package
Check_Point_R77_30_01_HF6_sk122215_FULL.tgz - click on "Install Update" button on the toolbar.
Note: Machine will automatically reboot after installation process is completed.
Note: If SandBlast Mobile was activated on the UDM server:
- Set pii.filter.decryption.enforce.magic.value = false in pii_filter.properties UDM configuration file.
- Run udmstop; udmstart
- Re-create your MDM server settings.
- To get a fix for an issue listed below contact Check Point Support with the issue ID.
- To see if an issue has been fixed in other releases, search for the issue ID in Support Center.