Table of Contents
Introduction to SMP R12.30
The SMP (Security Management Portal) is a web-based management solution for easily managing for Small and Medium Business Appliances (600 and 700), Branch Office Appliances (1100 and 1400), and Ruggedized Appliances (1200R). It allows the user to configure, monitor and provide services to thousands of SMB customers.
For more information, see the R12.30 Security Management Portal Release Notes and R12.30 Security Management Portal Installation Guide.
You can also visit Check Point CheckMates Community and the SMB Forum to ask questions or start a discussion and get our experts assistance.
What's New in SMP R12.30
Manage Firewall Access Policy from the SMP
- Configure rules for outgoing, incoming, internal and VPN traffic for gateway or plan.
Note: Managing Firewall Access Policy from the SMP requires firmware upgrade, refer to sk118035
VPN Community Enhancements
- Allow a gateway to participate in multiple VPN communities.
- Support routing traffic to other satellites through the center.
- Support routing traffic to the internet through an externally managed center.
SandBlast Zero-day Protection Threat Emulation
- Threat Emulation analyzes potentially malicious files, stopping dangerous attacks before malware has an opportunity to deploy.
- SandBlast Threat Emulation uses OS-level inspection to examine a broad range of file types, including executables and data files.
- Files are inspected in a virtual sandbox to discover malicious behavior and suspect files are blocked before they enter your network.
SMP R12.30 Known Limitations
SMP R12.30 Downloads
SMP R12.30 is available in Check Point cloud. Refer to SMP Portal.
- To create a new account in the SMP portal, refer to sk122259.
- On-premise SMP installation is not recommended for small environment. Check Point recommends such customers to manage their gateway in Check Point Cloud SMP.
- To support on-premise SMP in large environments, contact Check Point Sales or your account manager.
SMP R12.30 Documentation
In addition, see sk110216 - Security Management Portal (SMP) active ports.