- sk124972 - Check Point Endpoint Security E80.83 Windows Clients is now available with Support for Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803).
- R80.20 EA program for Endpoint Management Server is now available. Supported upgrade paths are from R77.30.01, R77.30.02, or R77.30.03 to R80.20. You can either contact your SE or EA team at EA_SUPPORT@CHECKPOINT.COM if you want to participate in the R80.20 private Early Availability program. Or you can download it directly from the public EA program: https://www.checkpoint.com/eap/.
- For customers who use Endpoint Security Anti-Malware: With Check Point R80.10 new image (Take 462), Endpoint Security Clients acquire their Anti-Malware signature updates directly from an external Check Point signature server or other external Anti-Malware signature resources, as allowed by your organization's Endpoint Anti-Malware policy. If your organization wants to continue using the Kaspersky Lab signature updates from the Endpoint Management Server, contact Check Point Support for a Hotfix.
For supportability versions matrix, refer to the "Detailed information per release" section below or use sk107255.
For information about Enterprise Endpoint Security Standalone E80.71 Mac Clients, refer to sk121595 - Enterprise Endpoint Security E80.71 Mac Clients
For information about Enterprise Endpoint Security Managed E80.64 Mac Clients, refer to sk112793.
More information regarding the above mentioned releases and earlier ones can be found under the Detailed Releases Information section below.
Architecture and Getting Started More
- Clients communicate with the Management Server over HTTP/HTTPs.
- The Endpoint Management architecture works in a "star" scheme to support large-scale environments.
- The central "brain" of the system is the "Management Server" and the delegate servers are named "Policy Servers".
- Each Management Server can support a maximum of ~10,000 endpoints. Multiple Policy Servers can be chained to support a management of up to 400,000 devices from a single environment.
- The environment supports unified log reporting through SmartLog.
Best Practices More
Best Practices: SecureKnowedge articles and Documents
Client OS Support More
Check Point Endpoint Security clients protect all of your Windows and Mac workstations, including laptops, Desktops, and Windows Servers.
Check Point takes part in various OS manufactures' development processes and we start the support of new versions when vendors release development builds.
We are committed to offer early availability clients within 3 weeks of OS GA and to announce GA within 2 months of OS GA, however in practice we are delivering much faster. See sk115192 for OS support timeline.
Detailed Information per Release More
Detailed Server Releases Information
Detailed Client Releases Information
Management Server Releases Trains and Timeline
Relevant Documents and SecureKnowledge More
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.