- E80.71 EA client with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Support is now available. The EA version offers clean install on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (RS3) as well as an upgrade from the following client versions: E80.70 HF1, E80.65 and E80.64.
- Starting take 280, R77.30 jumbo hotfix can be installed on top of R77.30.03, allowing customers to manage their Endpoint Clients and Gateways from the same Management Server. The hotfix is publicly available since Take 286 see sk106162.
- R80.10 can now manage Endpoints running on Windows Creators Update (Redstone 2) by using E80.70 clients. Note that in order to get the latest E80.70 features and capabilities, E80.70 clients must be managed by an R77.30.03 server.
- R77.30.03 / E80.70 is now available with exciting Anti-Ransomware capabilities that protect against attacks such as Petya, Petrwrap, WannaCry and others.
- The next Endpoint Security Management version will be released on top of R80.10. This release will support the complete Endpoint Security suite, including Capsule Docs and SandBlast Agent.
- Management Server is now supported on Microsoft's Azure (sk118133) and AWS (sk119393) cloud platforms.
The Endpoint Security solution supports Clients/Servers backward compatibility. For supportability versions matrix, refer to the "Detailed information per release" section below or use sk107255.
More information regarding the above mentioned releases and earlier ones can be found under the Detailed Releases Information section below.
Architecture and Getting Started More
- Clients communicate with the Management Server over HTTP/HTTPs.
- The Endpoint Management architecture works in a "star" scheme to support large-scale environments.
- The central "brain" of the system is the "Management Server" and the delegate servers are named "Policy Servers".
- Each Management Server can support a maximum of ~10,000 endpoints. Multiple Policy Servers can be chained to support a management of up to 400,000 devices from a single environment.
- The environment supports unified log reporting through SmartLog.
Best Practices More
Best Practices: SecureKnowedge articles and Documents
Client OS Support More
Check Point Endpoint Security clients protect all of your Windows and Mac workstations, including laptops, Desktops, and Windows Servers.
Check Point takes part in various OS manufactures' development processes and we start the support of new versions when vendors release development builds.
We are committed to offer early availability clients within 3 weeks of OS GA and to announce GA within 2 months of OS GA, however in practice we are delivering much faster. See sk115192 for OS support timeline.
Detailed Information per Release More
Detailed Server Releases Information
Detailed Client Releases Information
Management Server Releases Trains and Timeline
Relevant Documents and SecureKnowledge More
This solution has been verified for the specific scenario, described by the combination of Product, Version and Symptoms. It may not work in other scenarios.