Portable SmartConsole is a version of the SmartConsole client which is deployed without the installer of SmartConsole.
This package encapsulates all content into the directory where it is deployed so that it can be carried around in a portable device.
Another advantage of this version is that it allows side by side versions of the SmartConsole of the same release on the same computer.
The following items will be installed by SmartConsole installation program on the machine running SmartConsole:
- Visual C++ (x86) 2017 Redistributable (required starting from R80.30)
- Visual C++ (x86) 2005 Redistributable (not required in R80.20 and above)
- Visual C++ (x86) 2010 Redistributable
- Visual C++ (x86) 2012 Redistributable
- .NET Framework 4.5
Before installing Portable SmartConsole, first install the relevant SmartConsole GUI client:
Only after installing the relevant SmartConsole GUI client, you can deploy multiple SmartConsole clients on the same machine. For example, deploy Portable SmartConsole package that has been aligned with relevant SmartConsole. Note that that every Portable SmartConsole installation must be deployed in a different path.
Deployment and storage
- Unzip the SmartConsole into the desired path.
Portable SmartConsole stores all user settings in the Output directory under the path it was unzipped to.
- To use the portable package, execute the SmartConsole.exe that is in the path where files were unzipped.
Note: using SmartConsole user settings require write permissions to the Output directory as well as admin permissions for legacy components (same as in installer mode).
Related Solution: sk123152 - "Failure while deserializing object of type" error in SmartConsole when trying to connect to Security Management Server with Portable SmartConsole.
Portable SmartConsole is available for Windows OS starting from R80.10.